Iodization of Salt Act
- Commenced on 15 February 1999
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Iodization of Salt Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“iodize” means to treat salt with iodine or a compound of iodine;“salt” means salt in any form commonly used for domestic purposes or in the manufacture or processing of food for human or animal consumption.
3. Salt to be iodized
4. RegistrationEvery person who is engaged in the business of salt iodization in accordance with this Act shall register such particulars thereof as the name and address of the business and every change thereof and for this purpose the Minister shall keep and maintain an appropriate register.
5. Restriction on iodization of salt
7. Offences and penalties
8. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations for giving effect to the provisions of this Act.
History of this document
31 December 2014 this version
15 February 1999