Presidents (Salaries and Benefits)
- Commenced on 2 December 1994
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Presidents (Salaries and Benefits) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“former President” or “former Vice-President” means the person who was duly elected and took office as President, or, as the case may be, who was duly appointed and took office as Vice-President, of the Republic of Malawi;“Vice-President” means First Vice-President and Second Vice-President.
3. Application of this Act to a former PresidentThe application of this Act shall extend to any former President who ceased to hold office before the commencement of this Act and shall so apply retrospectively to the date he ceased to hold office.
4. Salary, pension and benefits of the President, etc.
5. Circumstances when benefits, etc., not payable or available to a former President or former Vice-President
6. Death of the President, etc.
History of this document
31 December 2014 this version
02 December 1994