Industrial Licensing Act
- Commenced on 24 January 1992
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Industrial Licensing Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“industrial licence” means a licence issued under this Act;“manufacture” means to subject physical matter to any process which materially changes it in substance, character or appearance and includes the business of treating or disposing of hazardous waste by a person other than a local authority;“product” means any article, thing or substance produced as a result of any manufacturing process.
3. Industrial licence required for the manufacture of certain products
4. Minister to make regulations for the purposes of this Act
5. Compliance with other lawsThe issue of a licence to any person under this Act shall not be deemed in any way to relieve the licencee from compliance with any other written law relating to the activity for which the licence was issued.
6. Requirement with respect to the manufacture of other products
History of this document
31 December 2014 this version
24 January 1992