Exhange Control Act
- Assented to on 17 April 1984
- Commenced on 1 November 1984
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Exchange Control Act.
4. Evidence and presumption
5. Financial provisionAny expense incurred under or by virtue of this Act or the Regulations by the Government or any department thereof shall be paid out of moneys provided for the purpose by Parliament.
6. Application to the GovernmentThis Act and the Regulations bind the Government and apply to transactions by a Ministry or a department or other person acting on behalf of the Government, and the Minister shall not, by virtue of any contract made by them or on their behalf in relation to any bullion, currency or securities, be under any obligation to grant any permission or exemption under the Regulations.
History of this document
01 November 1984
17 April 1984