Property and Businesses (Presumptions of Ownership) Act
- Assented to on 22 April 1974
- Commenced on 26 April 1974
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Property and Businesses (Presumptions of Ownership) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act save where the context otherwise requires—“appropriate Minister” means the Minister responsible for the administration of the Act under which the relevant order, licence or registration is made, issued or effected;“citizen” means any person who is a citizen of the Republic of Malawi;“non-citizen” means any person who is not a citizen of the Republic of Malawi.
3. Presumptions of ownership of property and businesses by non-citizensWhere, during the life time of any non-citizen—
History of this document
26 April 1974
22 April 1974