Export Promotion Council Act
- Assented to on 31 December 1971
- Commenced on 31 December 1971
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
Part I – Preliminary
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Export Promotion Council Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act unless the context otherwise requires—“Council” means the Export Promotion Council of Malawi established by section 3;“financial year” means the period commencing on the date of commencement of this Act and ending on the 3lst March, 1972, and thereafter the period of twelve months ending on the 3lst March each year.
Part II – The Council
3. Establishment of CouncilThere is hereby established a body to be known as the Export Promotion Council of Malawi (hereinafter referred to as “the Council") which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal, capable of suing and being sued in its corporate name and, subject to this Act, of doing all such acts and things as a body corporate may lawfully do and perform.
4. Composition of the Council
5. Council may co-opt advisers to attend meetings
6. Tenure of office of Council members
7. Remuneration of members of the CouncilA member of the Council shall be paid by the Council such remuneration and allowances, if any, as the Minister may in his case fix.[16 of 1983]
8. Meetings of the Council
9. Member to declare pecuniary interests
Part III – Functions and powers of the Council
10. Functions and powers
Part IV – Funds of the Council
11. Funds of the CouncilThe funds of the Council shall consist of—
12. Annual budgetThe Council shall draw up, in respect of each financial year, an annual budget showing the estimated expenditure on capital and revenue account, respectively, and shall submit the said budget for the approval of the Minister.
13. Books, accounts, audit and reports
14. RegulationsThe Minister may, by notice published in the Gazette, make regulations for the better carrying into effect of this Act.
History of this document
31 December 1971