National Assembly (Emoluments) Act
- Commenced on 14 July 1955
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the National Assembly (Emoluments) Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“Assembly” means the National Assembly of Malawi;“member” means a member of the Assembly.
3. Salaries and allowances of membersThe members shall be paid, from moneys provided for the purpose by Parliament, salaries, fees and allowances in respect of their services as members at such rate as the President may from time to time by order published in the Gazette authorize.[9 of 1977]
4. Decisions of the President finalIf any question arises as to whether any member is or is not entitled to any payment under this Act or any order made thereunder, the decision of the President on such question shall be final.
History of this document
14 July 1955