Printed Publications Act
- Commenced on 1 March 1948
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short TitleThis Act may be cited as the Printed Publications Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“book” includes every part or division of a book, pamphlet, newspaper, sheet of letterpress, sheet of music, map, plan, chart or table separately published;"editor" includes the person or persons actually responsible for the collation or inclusion in any newspaper of the contents thereof, whether such person or persons are expressly employed for such purposes or not;“newspaper” means any periodical publication published at intervals of not more than one month and consisting wholly, or for the greater part, of political or other news or of articles relating thereto or to other current topics, with or without advertisements, and with or without illustrations, but shall not include any publication which is proved not to be intended for public sale or public dissemination;expressions referring to printing shall be construed as including references to any other means of representing or reproducing words in visible form by impressing one material on another.
3. Particulars to be contained in books
4. Delivery of books published in Malawi to the Government Archivist
5. Registration of newspapers
6. Certified extracts from register to be received in evidence
History of this document
31 December 2014 this version
01 March 1948