This Act was repealed on 2015-07-03 by Marriage, Divorce and Family Relations Act.
Asiatics (Marriages, Divorce and Succession) Act
- Commenced on 19 December 1929
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
- [Repealed by Marriage, Divorce and Family Relations Act (Act 4 of 2015) on 3 July 2015]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Asiatics (Marriage, Divorce and Succession) Act.
2. Marriage of non Christian Asiatics
3. Divorce of non-Christian Asiatics
4. Saving of marriageNothing in this Act shall affect the Marriage Act, or permit the dissolution of a marriage contracted under that Act.[Cap. 25:01]
5. Registration of non-Christian marriages and divorces
6. Saving of titles acquired for valueNo alteration in law effected by this Act shall affect any title to property acquired for value before the commencement of this Act.
7. Ascertainment of law of a religion
History of this document
03 July 2015
Repealed by Marriage, Divorce and Family Relations Act
19 December 1929