International Finance Corporation and the International Development Association Agreements Act
- Commenced on 26 February 1965
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the International Finance Corporation and the International Development Association Agreements Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, “Minister” means the Minister for the time being responsible for the administration of the Act.
3. Acceptance of AgreementsThe Minister, or such person as may be authorized by him in that behalf in writing shall be empowered on behalf of the Government of Malawi—
4. Financial and other provisions
5. Reserve Bank of Malawi authorized to act as depositoryThe Reserve Bank of Malawi shall become a depository of the Corporation in application of section 9 of Article IV of the Finance Corporation Agreement, and a depository of the Association in application of section 9 of Article VI of the Development Association Agreement.
6. RegulationsThe Minister may make such regulations as he may deem necessary or expedient to carry out the obligations of Malawi under the Finance Corporation Agreement, the Development Association Agreement and the Resolutions in accordance with those Agreements on Malawi's membership in the Corporation and the Association.
History of this document
31 December 2014 this version
26 February 1965