This Act was repealed on 2018-06-29 by Control of Goods Act, 2018.
Control of Goods Act
- Commenced on 26 March 1954
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2014.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated in the Fifth Revised Edition of the Laws of Malawi (L.R.O. 1/2018), by the Solicitor General and Secretary for Justice under the authority of the Revision of the Laws Act.]
- [Repealed by Control of Goods Act, 2018 (Act 15 of 2018) on 29 June 2018]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Control of Goods Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless inconsistent with the context—"animal" means any animal, poultry or fish or any class of animal, poultry or fish specified by the Minister by order published in the Gazette to be an animal for the purposes of this Act;"commodity" means any manufactured and unmanufactured commodity or any class of a commodity specified by the Minister by order published in the Gazette to be a commodity for the purposes of this Act;"goods" means anything capable of being imported or exported.
3. Regulations for the control of goods
4. Rationing commodities and animalsRegulations made under section 3, in relation to the rationing of any commodity or animal, may—
6. PenaltiesAny person who contravenes or fails to comply with any regulation or order made under this Act shall be liable—
History of this document
29 June 2018
Repealed by Control of Goods Act, 2018
31 December 2014 this version
26 March 1954
|Control of Goods (Import and Export) (Commerce) (Amendment) Order, 2019||Government Notice 1 of 2019|